A creative and interactive Western Armenian
language immersion program
As part of its Western Armenian development plan, the Armenian Communities Department of Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation has created Zarmanazan, an educational project and Western Armenian immersion program, which incorporates three components aimed at mutually supporting each other:
- A creative and interactive summer program for children and adolescents aged 10 to 17;
- A creative summer program and a workshop facilitator training for young adults aged 18 to 24;
- An intensive university diploma programme designed for Western Armenian teachers in the Armenian Diaspora, certified by the Institut National des Langues et Civilisations Orientales (INALCO), Paris.
Created in partnership with:
- The Armenian Communities Department of the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation (Lisbon, Portugal);
- L’ association Mille et un Mondes (Lyon, France);
- INALCO, Institut National des Langues et Civilisations Orientales (Paris, France).
Zarmanazan camp is certified by the French Ministry of Youth and Sports.
Images © Zarmanazan